Job Opening: Warehouse Supervisor – Summerville, SC
The Warehouse Supervisor has the general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager and/or VP of Operations, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Supervise and coordinate the unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products are properly counted.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Participate in establishing work schedules.
- Ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain product locator system and ensure the optimal utilization of space.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
- Labor Management
- Direct the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Develop and maintain a productive work team.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques when supervising, counseling, and disciplining subordinates.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
- At least 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Computer applications using MS office and Excel
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
8AM – 5PM
- Salary DOE
- Health/Dental & 401K, vacation, sick leave, holiday pay, and more!
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Warehouse Supervisor Position” in the subject line.